And now for something completely different!
This year’s CROP Hunger Walk will give you plenty of options to fight hunger as you walk with a friendly group led by fellow Advocates during the week of Sunday, April 18 through Sunday, April 25.
- If walking is challenging for you, take a short saunter on the gentle woodland path at RambleRill Farmwith Nancy Trueblood.
- If serious hiking is more your style, join Debbie and Joel Wuliger for a full-day trip to the Bluff Mountain Trail along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- You can explore trails and maybe reflect on a Psalm in Duke Forest with our Vicar, Lisa Fischbeck.
- The Eno River is one of Orange County’s greatest natural treasures and Julee and Ames Herbert. will guide a group on this scenic and important waterway.
- Especially for bird lovers, Evans Lodge and Rachel Geissler will lead a late afternoon walk in the Little Creek Wildfowl Impoundment, near Meadowmont.
- And the Coerpers, Jan and Jeremy, will host a walk in the Pittsboro area . Details will be available soon.
Walkers will wear masks and practice social distancing., and group size will be limited to 10 walkers.
Here’s a list of the planned Advocate walks, with dates, times and contact information for the walk leaders.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
- The first step is to join the Advocate team! This allows you to fundraise for our team, encourage others in your life to sponsor you and donate to the Advocate team effort.
Go to https://events.crophungerwalk.org/2021/team/advocate-episcopal-church and make your own donation in any amount. Every gift will help provide food for hungry children and families!
Then click on Join the Team to register. That’s all you need to do online!
- Once you’ve made your donation and selected a walk from our list, contact the walk leader to sign up. Please do this as early as possible since group size is limited.
- Walk with your group on the appointed day and have a wonderful time!
(If you’d rather not walk, that’s fine. You can simply make a donation to support the team.)
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!