Sunday, November 29 the season of Advent begins!
Here’s the link for the Google folder with all the resources we are offering for use in your home this season. These include:
1) The summary pdf, including suggestions about Advent candles and wreaths.
2) Three options downloaded from SALT Project.
– Advent Weekly Placemats (for those who like to color)
– Advent with Maya Angelou
– Advent 2020: Naming Jesus
We will continue to hold our principal worship together on Zoom at 10 AM, links to be sent for kids Christian ed, worship and screeside chat each Saturday.
The Screenside Chat in Advent will focus on Embodied Prayer — in the liturgy and in life.
We will also hold a simple outdoor Eucharist by the Advocate Pond each Sunday at 4 PM.
Per Diocesan guidelines, you will need to:
– Let us know ahead of time if you plan to attend by writing to vicar@theAdvocateChurch.org. (this can be at the last minute).
– Bring your own chair if possible (if not possible, let me know and we will provide)
– Bring a copy of the service guide, available here, on your gadget or printed. (if not possible, let me know and we will provide).
– Wear a mask throughout the liturgy, removing it only to receive the sacrament. We will only receive in one kind, the bread.
– Keep a distance of six or more feet from those not of your own household.
Holiday Giving: A note about our holiday giving will be added here soon. Please check back!