(note: This page is still a work in progress)
Here are some ministries and activities that have grown out of our worship together which provide ways to get involved the the Advocate community:
- Altar Guild
- Weekly rotation (the ROTA) of readers, acolytes, ushers and greeters. If you would like to volunteers to help with the worship in this way, contact Eileen Slade <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Dinner Groups
- Help with Service Music (contact Seth Raymond or the Vicar)
- Play an Instrument
- Meet the Current Vestry Members
- How/When Vestry Members are Elected
- Other Committees or Working Groups
- Site Stewardship (contact Beth Lassiter)
- Finance (contact Tom Fisher or Mark McCraw)
- Visibility (contact Sam Laurent)
- Fellowship/ Hospitality/Newcomers (contact Sallie Moore or Sharon Ringwalt)
- Pastoral Care (contact the Vicar)
- Community Engagement (contact Tom Trueblood or the Vicar)
- Liturgy Brewers (contact the Vicar)
- Gardeners (contact Katie West Greenwood or the Vicar)
- Capital Campaign (contact the Vicar)
Engage with People of the Advocate who are engaging with the Community and world around us: Habitat, Orange Justice United, Haiti mission trip, Appalacian Service Project, support for the homeless, support for those in prison, food collection for the InterFaith Council, Seeking aJust Peace in Palestine, the AdvocateTithe.
Create together: in the Advocate garden, crafting with the Advocate Crafters, working on the Homestead site, Dinner Groups for the Sunday Table Fellowship.